Yoga - The Magic Is In The Practice-ING

 

Have you ever done a yoga or meditation practice with a video or podcast and thought,

"Boy, that was AWESOME" - and then never revisited it again? Well…

The magic is in the PRACTICE-ING.


Oxford Languages defines the word ‘practice’ ( when used as a verb) as:

“ To perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve

or maintain one's proficiency”.

OR


 “To carry out or perform (a particular activity, method, or custom) habitually or regularly”.


When it comes to yoga and mindfulness, the magic happens with PRACTICE. 

At the heart of this verb, (because practice can also be a noun - as in a doctor’s

professional practice, our yoga practice, etc) practice means doing it more than

once so that we get better at it and who doesn’t want to get better at …

well, being and feeling better? 


In this week’s episode of the Yoga and Yum Podcast, I challenge

my wonderful listeners and supporters to revisit some of my earlier practice episodes. 

In the 12 episodes that I have published,  5 of them offer different practices

to enhance your life and strengthen your parasympathetic 

(the rest, digest and chill) nervous system.  Some of my personal favorites are

episodes 1, 2 and 4 - but then I am quite partial to 9 as well.


Wanna know what I am referring to?  Then check out my latest podcast episode. 
You can listen on Apple, Spotify, Buzzsprout, Google and lots of other popular
podcast channels. Have a listen and be sure to tell me what your favorite practice episode is
so far. I would love to know!

Speaking of practicing more than once...
This week's YouTube yoga class is one another goodie from the "vault".
It's a short, sweet standing-only practice that you can do at home.
It's perfect if you need to give your wrists a break and need a boost
of energy. And the best part is, you can even keep your shoes on!

Lansing, MI Families!
Live in the Lansing, Mi area?  
Have a family with kids? 
 Love Yoga?
Well I have something just for you!

Until next week...
Here's wishing you all the yum in life <3


Comments