Things I Wish I Knew When I Was Raising My Children

Things I wish I knew when I was raising my children…

I wish I had knowledge of what mindfulness really meant. The quiet thoughtfulness. Taking the chance to pause instead of immediately responding every single time (when they weren’t in danger, of course). I wish I had taken better care of myself instead of running myself ragged. I wish I would have had more fun (even though we had lots of fun, there was time for more).

I wish I would have basked in the little things more often.  I wish I would have slowed things down - not everything had to be a rush (even though I always felt under the “gun”).


In this week’s podcast I interviewed one of my besties - Sarah Padilla - on the magic of mindful parenting.  What does Sarah know about mindful parenting? Well, for starters, she is a mom of 6 kids (some who are neurodiverse) and she does it with such intense mindfulness that it almost seems effortless. Yep, I have been watching her in action for 5 years now and I am always amazed by her deep wisdom, especially since she is so young.  Sarah shares some of this wisdom along with some tips and strategies that I really think will be helpful to anyone expecting a baby, actively parenting or even grandparenting. Honestly, I wish we could have been friends back when I was raising my babies.  You can listen to our entire interview one Spotify and Apple.



Soothe Your Hips and Back

When I taught in-person yoga classes,

the number one complaint of my students was a sore back (neck and shoulders were tied for #2). 

This week on my YouTube channel,

I shared a practice targeted at the hips and back that I think you will enjoy.

You can watch it here


Nutrition Nugget

Does anyone love spring cleaning?  I do.  It makes everything feel fresh and new.  I love to spring clean my external environment AND my internal environment.  I choose to do this by adding more clean and simple foods that my body can more easily digest.  Right now I am into juicing!

My husband got me a new juicer for Christmas and I have been loving it this spring. I am not one for juice cleanses, necessarily, but I do love adding them into my daily routine for extra minerals and other micronutrients.  Here is my favorite spring juice recipe (and I LOVE the bright green color):

2-3 cucumbers

2-3 carrots

2-3 large stalks of celery

2-3 handfuls for kale

1 thumb of ginger

(if this is not sweet enough, add an apple)

Run these babies through a juicer and ENJOY!

I usually like to have this as a mid-morning snack.  It stops cravings in their tracks!


Until next time!

Here's wishing you all the YUM in life!



Comments